HR and Payroll for Churches
Providing Church-Specific Payroll and HR Services
Take Advantage of Our Church Payroll Service
Church payroll has unique laws, benefits, and exemptions that make it different from traditional corporate payroll. Due to these differences, it’s important to invest in a church payroll service that can accurately review and process your staff’s compensation (including housing allowance) in accordance with the applicable state and federal laws.
Doing so will guarantee that your church remains compliant, while also ensuring your team is receiving the most from church payroll’s unique benefits. It’s important to note that individuals working for the church must be properly classified as ministerial and nonministerial employees as well as exempt or nonexempt, all things our team can handle.
At ChurchShield, our experts understand that payroll for churches can be complex, and we have found that almost 90% of clients who have us review their payroll for the first time have errors that need to be corrected. This is almost always because the processing is being done according to standard corporate laws as opposed to church laws. With our longstanding expertise working with churches and ministries, we’re able to provide effective church payroll services that will correct previous mistakes and prevent these issues from continuing.
Our full-service payroll for churches also helps save money by helping you accurately track your employees’ time. We offer a variety of time and attendance options (including biometric and web-based), making it easier than ever to track and analyze employee hours.
Of course, our faith-based focus isn’t the only thing that sets us apart. We’re also dedicated to outstanding customer service when providing payroll for churches, and we will do whatever it takes to get the job done right the first time.
Human Resources (HR) Services
In addition to being one of the premier payroll companies for churches, we are also proud to offer numerous HR services to help make related administrative tasks more straightforward and less time-consuming. Whether you need full HR support or just a little help here and there, our team has the knowledge and skills to deliver. From readymade templates and customized documents to assisting with interviews, new hires, and more, our services can be completely tailored to your preferences.
Like payroll for churches, HR for churches also includes a specialized list of laws when compared to their corporate counterparts. Even if you have an HR professional in-house with years of experience, our team can serve as a complementary asset, helping develop and execute improved HR processes.
When considering payroll companies for churches, know that ChurchShield can deliver premium payroll and HR services, which include:
- Full-service and self-service options
- Weekly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly, and monthly options
- Direct deposit
- Electronic 941 and state filings
- Year-end filings, W-2’s, 1099’s and more
- Secure administrative and employee portals
- Forms outlining onboarding procedures, employment contracts, and customizable documents
- Education and training for staff
- Electronic tracking of sick pay, vacation pay, paid leave, and more
- Assistance with the maintenance of with employer-provided health, dental, vision, and/or life insurance plans, other employee benefits, and more
Why to Choose ChurchShield for Your HR and Payroll Needs
At ChurchShield, we strive to be a valuable asset for your church and want to help alleviate the stress that comes with ongoing payroll processing and compliance. That way, you can continue to do what you do best, which is address the needs of your congregation.
By choosing us for church payroll service, you’re choosing highly specialized professionals who offer the following:
- Experience – Regardless of the size of your organization, we have the expertise needed to help. Our staff has over 100 years of combined experience working in church payroll, HR, and more.
- Best practices – Our expertise extends to knowing the ideal processes for our church clients. So, when we work with you, we consider the current regulations, your desired outcomes, and specific church culture before providing recommendations.
- Valued relationships – Our goal at ChurchShield is to develop long-term relationships with our clients through excellent service and effective communication.
- Church familiarity – We are a firm dedicated to the needs of churches, offering a plethora of services specifically for ministries of all sizes. Along with our church payroll services, we also can help with your tax, compliance, insurance and accounting needs.
Considering Payroll Companies for Churches? Contact ChurchShield Today
If you’re looking to delegate HR and payroll for churches to an outsourced team of professionals, let us take on your ministry’s administrative responsibilities. Be sure to contact us today for more information, as we look forward to assisting you!