Church Retirement FAQs

What sort of plans do you offer?

We primarily assist our clients with setting up the only qualified retirement plan created solely for churches, the 403(b)(9) retirement pan. Not only do these plans carry higher contribution limits and allow for unique investment opportunities, qualified distributions can be taken out of the plan as housing allowance, allowing not only for tax deferred contributions but also tax-free distributions.    

We have also assisted clients with deferred compensation agreements and Rabbi Trusts. 

I’m nearing retirement and have nothing saved, can you help?

Absolutely. Currently a 403(b)(9) plan allows for $61,000 in annual employer contributions for 2022. You can contribute an additional $6,500 as a “catch-up” contribution if you’re age 50 or older.  Under the right conditions, deferred compensation plans allow for even higher contributions.

Does ChurchShield offer investment advice?

No, ChurchShield is not a licensed investor, and we cannot give you investment advice. However, we will work with you to determine the best retirement vehicle for your specific goal and maintain a strategic relationship with an investor advisor for all of our 403(b)(9) clients. 

How do we get started?

Send us a message or give us a call at 317-570-9573.   

Call Now Button